In the Basic Code (Kinder/Prep) some lessons rely on students reading 3, 5, 7 or 9 words with 80% accuracy before moving on. Should this be the same for all 8 steps of phonics?
113 September 2021
To revise, the eight content steps for teaching phonics are: Reading/Decoding (1) Automatic Grapheme-Phoneme Correspondences (GPCs)
(2) Blending phonemes to read words
(3) Irregular high frequency words (Camera Words)
(4) Read decodable sentences Spelling/Encoding (5) Produce a grapheme when a phoneme is given (GPCs)
(6) Segmenting words to spell
(7) Irregular high frequency words (Camera...