There is so much more to a quality guided reading session than listening to students read in turn, and asking questions. Put simply, what exactly are you ‘guiding’ readers to do?
In this course you will learn to:
- define guided reading and understand its place within in the literacy block
- explore the research behind quality guided reading sessions
- improve reading success by structuring more effective and efficient guided reading sessions
- link comprehension strategies in your modelled lessons to your guided reading focus
- plan for the ‘other groups’!
- better manage the routines, student behaviour and learning within the guided reading session
Challenge your current classroom structure and practice with a new approach to a familiar literacy session.