Join us remotely from anywhere in Australia on Friday, 4 December 2020 to attend our new Cognitive Science Training course, online, via our live virtual class!
This training will be an online only training event due to COVID-19.
Cognitive Science: How we learn what we learn, and how we can make it stick!
Ever wondered why students can do the task you set by the end of today’s lesson, but struggle to do that same task tomorrow? Or why some students seem to ‘get it’ the first time, whilst others seem to take ages before it clicks? Teachers can learn a significant amount from the wisdom of cognitive science, and use this to their advantage for more effective planning and delivery of lessons.
In this course you will learn to:
- Understand how human brains learn… and forget!
- Build a working understanding of schema theory and cognitive load theory
- Gain knowledge in practical techniques such as dual coding and retrieval practice
- Use these theories to inform our planning, programming and teaching
- Investigate ways we can differentiate for students with working memory difficulties
- To reflect on and critique our teaching in light of cognitive load theory
- Understand the crucial link between schema development and literacy acquisition.
Date: Friday, 4 December 2020
Time: 9AM – 3PM NSW/Sydney time with breaks for morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea
RRP: $396 AUD (inc GST). Early bird special (save 10%) until 27 November 2020!
Location: Online via our Live Virtual Class