Joining the Live Virtual Class
- Click on “My Courses” on our website and login with your account (use your email address as your username). If you have forgotten your password click on “Lost your password?”
- Enter in your username and password (this is either what you had setup, or it has been emailed to you), then click “Login”
- You will be taken to the “My courses” page, where you should find the live virtual class you are attending. Click on the class link, for example “Live Virtual Class: Synthetic Phonics Training [5 April 2019]” to get started:
- From here, you can walk through the steps by clicking on step 1: “Download Workbook”
- Click on the link to the PDF workbook, which will open it on your computer. Now print the PDF (before the event). Once complete, click the completion button:
- Optionally, you can now download the classroom resources by clicking on the image. Click the completion button once done to move on:
- On the Test Live Virtual Class day(s) (you will be notified of when this is by email before the event), click on the image in the Join the Test LVC section, to join the test class and ensure your computer is able to join an LVC. This will only take a few minutes to verify. Click the completion button to continue.
- You may be prompted to download the zoom software and run/install it. If so, please proceed to accept the download and install zoom. You may also receive a dialogue box similar to the following:
For your convenience joining future meetings, click “Remember my choice for Zoom Meetings links” and click “Open Zoom Meetings”
IF this does not join to the LVC/LVC Test, and you only see a dialogue box like the following:
please close the window (do not click ‘Join a Meeting’).
or if you see something like the below:
then please click ‘cancel’, then close the zoom window.
From there, please re-click on the LVC test or LVC link you initially clicked, and it should now join the meeting. This can happen after zoom has been installed the first time.
- Finally you will see a registration window. Please enter your name and email address, then click “Join Webinar”:
- You now enter the Live Virtual Class. You may receive a dialogue box that says “Join Computer Audio”, if so, please click this button, and then you should be joined to the LVC:
On the Live Virtual Class Day
On the day itself, you can join the Live Virtual Class by clicking on the image for the LVC itself on the final step, which is to “Join the Live Virtual Class”.
Using the Live Virtual Class
Changing to and from “Full screen” mode
We recommend you use “Full screen” mode when participating in the LVC. To change between modes, click on the “Enter Full Screen” or “Exit Full Screen” button in the top right hand corner of the Zoom application window as follows:
- Enter full screen mode:
- Exit full screen mode:
Other Functions – Q&A, Chat, Raise Hand
There are options to raise questions, chat with other participants, and raise your hand to gain attention as shown:
These buttons may look slightly different depending on if you are joining with a Windows device, Mac, Android or iOS device (such as an iPad).
Asking a Question
If you wish to ask a question, you can click “Q&A” and ask a question, which can be answered live by the presenter, or one of our experts. Simple type your question in and click “Send”:
Chatting to Participants or Panelists:
We recommend you select “To: Everyone” before typing a message, so all participants in the chat, including our experts can answer your question or it can be raised live in the room with the presenter. The chat dialogue box will look similar to the following (depending on your platform):
Raising your hand:
You can raise your hand to get the attention of a panelist, however we recommend that you use the chat facility instead.
A poll may be raised in the LVC, where you can enter an answer to a question. You can also adjust the size of the video window (usually shown in the top right hand corner), or swap video for slides manually. We recommend you do not change the settings, we will live switch between slides and full screen video throughout the class for you, although when the video is shrunk, you may wish to make it larger using the buttons shown underneath the video window when slides are being shown.
Completing the Live Virtual Class
Upon closing the LVC, a feedback page should be shown in your browser, similar to the following:
Please fill in the feedback form, to let us know how the training and the Live Virtual Class experience was for you.
Need technical assistance?
If you have any issues or questions please do not hesitate to contact us by email: email@example.com or Phone: 1300 698 247